Collection of your Personal Information
SEC may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
SEC collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
SEC may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from SEC and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
SEC does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
SEC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. SEC may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to SEC, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
SEC may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on SEC or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of SEC; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of SEC, or the public.
Opt-Out of Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
In connection with any personal information we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
• The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your person information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information. To opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, visit this Web page https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa .
Tracking User Behavior
SEC may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within SEC, in order to determine what SEC services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within SEC to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by SEC. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and provide general statistics regarding use of the SEC website.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our record; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance wit federal law, provide a good or service requested by you or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contact between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or
prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free
speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public
interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the
information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research,
provided we have obtained you informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your
relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with
the context in which you provided the information.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe from Third Party Communications
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of SEC by contacting us here:
– Webpage: www.secamerica.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Phone: (802) 865-8388
Changes to this Statement
SEC welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that SEC has not adhered to this Statement, please contact SEC at:
SEC America Corp.
P.O. Box 2266
South Burlington, VT 05407
Telephone Number: (802) 865-8388
Effective as of March 23, 2023